In order for this function to work properly, you need to update Prevent Direct Access (PDA) Gold and Password Protect WordPress (PPWP) Free and Pro to the newest versions.
- Prevent Direct Access Gold version 18.104.22.168 and greater
- Password Protect WordPress Pro version 1.1.3 and greater
- Password Protect WordPress Lite version 22.214.171.124 and greater
How PPWP integrates with PDA Gold
When users are either in your settings whitelist or enter the right password, they will be able to view both protected page’s content and embedded files:
- If the user logged in and has the right file access permission, our plugin will display the files using their protected links as usual.
Otherwise, our plugin will generate a private link for users to reach the protected file, which will expire after the page is loaded. In other words, a new private link will be created on every page load for each file. This stops users from sharing your protected files.
Since Password Protect WordPress Pro version 1.1.6 and Prevent Direct Access Gold version 3.1.3, we change the way of how protected files are served to users who enter the right passwords. Instead of generating expiring links, which might cause protected videos & audios (MP3, MP4) not to work smoothly, we simply generate “temporary access” to these files.
Once users enter the right password, our plugin will store a cookie into their browser. The temporary access to protected files and content will be associated with this cookie. That means users will see the content and protected files as long as the cookie exists. And they won’t be able to share your protected links with others nor access them in different browsers.
Known Issues & Limitation
- Our plugin hasn’t supported “scaled” image, scrset, and PDA Gold Raw URLs yet (WIP)