- Super Admin always see hidden content under PPWP shortcode regardless of selected whitelisted roles
- Category protection are not exclusive: Protect parent category doesn’t protect posts under sub-categories
- Error messages will display under all password fields in Homepage once entering wrong passwords
- Select fields under Settings Page can be empty in some cases especially when selected content is moved to trash or deleted
Below is the list of issues and limitations of Password Protect WordPress (PPWP) and its extensions. Those conflicts within our control will be fixed in the upcoming plugin releases.
Password Protect WordPress
- Redirect users to the homepage after entering the right passwords if Plain Permalink is chosen
- Unable to access the editor page of some page builders if “Password Protect Entire Site” is enabled
- Unable to display all roles under Password Protect WordPress section in Gutenberg Editor
- Conflict with GoDaddy firewall & Sucurriip CDN caching
Simply ask Godaddy support to either:
- Remove Sucurriip CDN from your domain CNAME or
- Exclude protected pages from the CDN cache.
- Quick Access Links containing plus (+) don’t work
- Protect part of content shortcode don’t work if the protected content includes Shared Files shortcode
- Conflict with WPS Hide Login plugin (WIP)
Unable to edit Master Passwords if Plain Permalink is chosen(resolved in Free version 1.1.4) Conflict with Beaver Builder: Error message displays under 404 page(resolved in version 1.1.3) Plugin’s popup and metabox don’t work with Plain Permalink(resolved in version 1.1.2) “Whitelist Roles” doesn’t work with “Password Protect Entire Site(resolved in version 1.1.1)
- Note: Post’s author, if selected, will be able to access their own posts even when the entire site is protected
The post reverts the protection status after clicking Update button in the editor page(resolved in version 1.1.1) Can’t use build-in WordPress function to password protect custom post types(resolved in version 1.1.1)
- Prevent Direct Access (PDA) Gold Integration
Protected videos/audios (MP3, MP4) embedded in the content might not work smoothly(resolved in Pro version 1.1.6 & PDA Gold 3.1.3)
Both PPWP Free and Pro version don’t work on Internet Explorer 11. To resolve this, simply replace this file ppw-rc-form.bundle.js under
/public/js/dist/ with the following:
PPWP WooCommerce Integration
- Quick access links of product pages don’t work if activating this plugin (WIP)
Our plugin redirect doesn’t work properly when your server referrer-policy is set to “no-referrer”. That means upon entering correct passwords, users will not be redirected back to the protected content. Instead, they will see the login page.
If clicking on the browser’s back button, users will be able to see the content though. We recommend changing the policy “no-referrer-when-downgrade”, which is secure enough, and at the same time, improve compatibility with other plugins like ours.
We’ve since resolved this limitation by adding a “callback_url” parameter for “no-referrer” policy since PPWP Free version 1.4.3 and Pro version 1.2.1