Since version 1.3, Password Protect WordPress Pro provides RESTful APIs and public functions to achieve the following:
- Password protect any posts automatically upon publishing
- Generate Password Bypass URL
- Return password form for protected content
Where are sitewide passwords stored?
PPWP Free and Pro store sitewide passwords under wp_options table:
- PPWP Free’s option name is wp_protect_password_set_password_options
- PPWP Pro’s option name is ppw_entire_site_options
With PPWP Suite extension, we migrate sitewide passwords to our own wp_pda_passwords table for extended features management.