How to password protect against specific user roles?
- Under your WordPress dashboard, Go to page/post you want to password protect
- Locate and click on “edit” under “Password protected by:” section
- Select a user role in “Role” field
- Enter your password in “Password” field. Simply leave the password field empty to remove a password for a particular user role.
- Hit “Save”
You can continue setting a password for another user role without having to refresh the page.
How to protect WordPress pages & posts with multiple passwords?
If you want to create a password that can be used for anyone including non-logged-in users, just follow these simple steps below:
- Under your WordPress dashboard, locate the content you want to protect under Pages or Posts
- Click on “Password Protect” under that page/post
- Click on “Password protect this file” button
By default, once the page is password-protected, a new password is generated automatically for you. Besides, you’re able to create as many passwords as you want for each page or post by clicking on “Auto-generate new password”.