WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin refers to a premium extension allowing you to sell digital products and services with recurring payments. This plugin is of help to set up the nitty-gritty of a subscription-based store. As a result, you can offer your customers an easier and more convenient way to purchase a product or service.
Even though this is by far the most common subscriptions plugin, it seems not to be an ideal solution if:
You have a tight budget: The plugin costs $199 for yearly subscriptions. If you’re running on a low budget, you should find another economical alternative.
You only need a basic subscription-based site: The WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin offers tons of powerful features to customize your subscription packages. In case you just have basic needs, it might be extravagant.
You can decide whether to use WooCommerce Subscriptions or other alternatives for your WooCommerce store depending on your demands.
Below we cover some benefits of running a subscription-based site and recommend 6 WooCommerce Subscriptions alternatives for your reference.
- Benefits of Subscription-Based Sites
- #1 YITH WooCommerce Subscription
- #2 Subscriptio – WooCommerce Subscriptions
- #3 Subscriptions for WooCommerce by WebToffee
- #4 SUMO Subscriptions
- #5 Autoship Cloud
- #6 Password Protect WordPress Pro (PPWP Pro)
Benefits of Subscription-Based Sites
Running a subscription site benefits you in many ways:
Maintain a relationship with your subscribers: By offering add-ons, discounts, and bonuses, you can keep customers on your site longer and visit it more often.
Automate different business tasks: You can save lots of time by automating activities such as:
- Automatically send emails such as welcome emails, notifications, and invoices.
- Send content, including downloadable files, instructions, or links automatically.
- Create automatic payments with a membership site so subscribers are charged for visiting your site.
Automation gives you more time to invest in creating content and growing your business. You can focus on enhancing the customer experience by delivering more value to them.
Protect your website’s content: Subscription-based sites help you create a secure platform where you can deliver content easily and automatically. These sites prevent outsiders from stealing and misusing your content. Besides, subscribers will find your content more valuable as it’s only available on your membership site.
Create space for discussion: Subscription-based sites allow you to build and manage online communities. Users can learn from each other by asking questions and sharing ideas about your industry, business, or products.
After learning about the benefits of building a WooCommerce subscription site, are you wondering which subscription plugins to choose from?
In the next section, we’ll show you 6 best WooCommerce Subscriptions alternatives for your eCommerce website. Plus, compare the features and prices of each plugin to decide which suits you best!
WooCommerce Subscriptions Alternatives
#1 YITH WooCommerce Subscription
YITH WooCommerce Subscription enables you to create subscriptions for any of your products. The plugin allows you to create unlimited subscriptions for physical products, downloadable products, and services. This helps you maintain a steady income and control your sales volume.
It’s also an ideal plugin for creating subscriptions for subscribers’ reviews, videos, learning courses, podcasts, and hosting – pretty much anything that you can offer to your customers.
- All subscription information is on the “My Account” page.
- You can create unlimited subscription plans for physical and variable products.
- Users can easily upgrade or downgrade the subscription plans.
- The plugin supports multiple payment gateways for automatic payments.
- It offers an automatic renewal feature.
- Users can have many subscriptions in a single transaction.
- It allows users to have different products in a subscription.
- The ‘Pause Notification’ feature is supported.
- Subscribers can stop their subscriptions.
The YITH WooCommerce Subscription plugin has a lite-free version in the WordPress plugin directory. The premium version is available for $199.99/year.
#2 Subscriptio – WooCommerce Subscriptions
Subscriptio is another WooCommerce subscription alternative allowing you to sell products such as magazine subscriptions, e-learning packages, and online memberships. The plugin offers several great features, including flexible billing cycles, multiple billing, and automatic renewals.
The coolest thing is that Subscriptio supports variable product subscriptions. When your customers buy a subscription, it will track every activity to give you insights about your customers.
- The plugin creates subscription lists and subscription management tools for your subscribers.
- It is fully compatible with PayPal and Stripe.
- Users can have unlimited subscriptions.
- You can send regular payment reminders to customers.
- It assists in processing automated payments for your subscribers.
- You have full control over your customers’ subscriptions by turning off renewal at any time.
The Subscriptio – WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin costs $69/year for a regular license and $93/year for an extended license.
#3 Subscriptions for WooCommerce by WebToffee
Subscriptions for WooCommerce allows you to set up and manage recurring payments and billing at your WooCommerce store. It can create simple subscriptions with price, length, interval, and variables related to your subscription products or services.
- The plugin creates variable subscriptions for both physical and digital products.
- It supports synchronized renewal.
- It allows multiple billing schedules.
- You can automatically send email notifications to users.
- The plugin is fully compatible with multiple payment gateways.
- It helps you automatically create re-billing of failed subscription payments.
- You can create a variety of plans, including simple subscription plans and multi-layer plans.
The plugin costs $89/year for 1 site, $129/year for 5 sites, and $199/year for 25 sites.
#4 SUMO Subscriptions
SUMO Subscriptions is an all-in-one subscription solution for setting up WooCommerce subscription products. With its assistance, you can create recurring payments for your WooCommerce subscription system.
In addition, the plugin also authorizes you to create simple, variable, and grouped product subscriptions. Your users can select subscription duration and the frequency of renewals for their order subscriptions.
- SUMO integrates beautifully with PayPal and Stripe.
- The plugin provides automatic subscription renewal using the SUMO Reward Points Payment Gateway.
- You can send plenty of reminder emails for payment.
- It comes with a master log to track every transaction throughout the website.
- The plugin provides recurring donations with the SUMO Donations plugin.
- It works well with all WooCommerce-supported themes.
The SUMO Subscriptions plugin costs $49/year for a regular license and $65.50/year for an extended license.
#5 Autoship Cloud
Autoship Cloud comes as a WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin that offers everything you need to launch WooCommerce’s subscribe and save schemes. The plugin allows you to recreate WooCommerce’s subscribe and save system on your online store.
Moreover, users can see a one-time purchase offer, a subscribe button, and save offers right on your product page.
- Users can choose a one-time purchase option or a subscription upsell option directly on the product page.
- Subscribers can buy multiple subscriptions with a single checkout.
- The plugin is fully compatible with many payment gateways.
- It keeps track of your inventory status and automatically disables sales of subscriptions if you run out of stock.
- Users can add/remove products or change their quantities, and also re-schedule the delivery date.
- You can send your customers emails about all the critical events, including email notifications for payment.
- You can offer your customers recurring coupons or discounts.
Autoship Cloud starts at $49/month. Sign up for a free two-week trial.
#6 Password Protect WordPress Pro (PPWP Pro)
You can restrict access to your WooCommerce products, shop pages, and entire shops for specific user roles. In simple terms, only your authorized users or paid members have the access to your protected WooCommerce virtual products.
Moreover, you can send Quick Access Links to your customers to access the products after purchase. The link’s purpose is to immediately unlock your WooCommerce shop and products without any password requirements. This makes the checkout process more convenient for your users.
- Protect WooCommerce products, shop pages, and entire shops.
- Send Quick Access Links for protected content access.
- Modify messages on WooCommerce order pages and emails sent to customers after purchase.
- Configure usage limit and expiration time for Quick Access Links to prevent unauthorized access.
- Set usage limit and expiration time for passwords to prevent unexpected access.
The PPWP Pro costs you from $178.80 to $382.80 depending on your needs. The WooCommerce Integration addon has a fixed annual price of $69.9.
What Is Your Favorite WooCommerce Subscriptions Alternative?
Adding subscriptions is a great way to boost your conversions as it brings in recurring revenue for your business.
In this article, we have demonstrated the 6 best WooCommerce Subscriptions alternatives along with their major functionalities. By understanding these plugins’ key features, you can better understand which plugin to use for your WooCommerce store.
As a result, you can quickly and easily sell subscription products or services with a recurring payment option.
So, which WooCommerce Subscriptions alternative is your favorite? Don’t hesitate to suggest it in the comment section below!