A list of 50 most common passwords and everything you should know about passwords.
What is a Password?
Password refers to the first line of defense against unauthorized access to your content. It is a combination of characters set by the administrators. Anyone attempting to view the content must enter the correct passwords.
Imagine the content as your house and the password as your house key. Only people with the right key can get into your house.
Top 50 Most Commonly Used Passwords
Why Are These Weak Passwords Popular?
Why Shouldn’t You Use Weak Passwords?
- Take less than 1 second to break
- Can be guessed easily
- Be vulnerable to cybercriminals and malware
How to Create Strong Passwords
#1 Use complex passwords
- Contain at least 12 characters
- Include a varied combination of special characters, upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols
- Utilize uncommon, nonsensical combinations
- Eliminate personal information
- Avoid repeating username as password
#2 Never reuse passwords
- Apply different passwords for different accounts
- Keep track of already-used passwords
#3 Regularly update passwords
- Change passwords every 90 days
- Update passwords after being shared
#4 Check password strength
- Assess password health and strength
- Replace weak, reused, or old passwords with new, complex ones
#5 Use a password manager
- Generate random strong passwords automatically
- Manage passwords in one place
Top 10 WordPress Password Managers
#1 Password Protect WordPress: Protect frontend content with passwords
#2 Wordfence Security: Track on admin logins and breached passwords
#3 Temporary Login without Password: Manage temporary admin logins
#4 Password Policy Manager: Enforce strong admin passwords
#5 Application Passwords: Create unique passwords for applications
#6 Password Strength Settings for WooCommerce: Control passwords for WooCommerce store
#7 iThemes Security: Create 2FA authentication and strong passwords
#8 Use Admin Password: Allow admins to log in as user with admin passwords
#9 All In One WP Security & Firewall: Add extra security and firewall to WordPress
#10 Emergency Password Reset: Reset all the passwords for emergency
How Can PPWP Pro Help You Create Strong Passwords?
- Protect any types of WordPress content with passwords
- Auto-generate strong passwords or create custom passwords
- Configure user roles to use the passwords
- Create multiple passwords for a single post or page
- Use one single password for multiple content
- Manage passwords in one place with a password manager
- Expire passwords automatically by password usage limit and expiry time